Gluten Free* or Regular Flour – Sour Cream Cake with Dark Sweet Cherries…
Dark Sweet Cherry Sour Cream Cake
- 3/4 cup gluten free or regular flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- *Make sure to choose gluten free ingredients to make it gluten free!
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add eggs slightly beat with fork.
- Add sour cream, sugar, milk, and almond extract mix together.
- Add flour mixture and beat everything together for a minute or two.
- Fold in cherries, pour into a prepared 7 inch spring form pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a pre heated 350° oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Set on cooling rack, after slightly cooled slide a knife around cake to loosen.
- Take off spring form around cake, let cool, and frost with your favorite frosting.