Grits and Cheese Casserole with Cajun Seasoning and Shrimp…
Cajun Cheese Grits and Shrimp Casserole
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup quick grits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, or your favorite
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-2 green onion tops, sliced
- In a small sauce pan boil water and salt, add grits stir and turn burner to low, cook about 7 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup cheese, butter, and spices, stir until all is melted and blended together.
- Mix beaten egg and milk together, add to grits, stir until blended together.
- Pour into a small baking dish, add shrimp evenly on top.
- Spread the rest of cheese and some green onions on top of shrimp.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 45 minutes.
- Serves 2. Enjoy!