Gluten Free Sour Cream Almond Cake frosted with Buttercream Almond Flavor Frosting…
Sour Cream Almond Cake
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- slivered almonds to garnish after frosting
- Make sure to choose Gluten Free ingredients to make it gluten free.
- Cream together sugar and sour cream, add almond flavor, and eggs, mix together until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, beat with fork for about two minutes.
- Spray a round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into cake pan, spread evenly in pan. Batter will be thick.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 350° for about 20-25 minutes, when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting. I used a butter cream frosting with a 1/2 teaspoon almond flavor added. Enjoy!