Gluten Free – Banana Walnut Sour Cream Cake…
Banana Walnut Sour Cream Cake
- 2/3 cup gluten flour* or regular flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
*Make sure to choose gluten free ingredients to make it gluten free!
- In a mixing bowl add mashed banana, both sugars, egg, beat together with a fork.
- Add cooking oil, vanilla, and sour cream mix together to blend.
- Stir in flour and baking soda, blend everything together. Add and fold in chopped walnuts.
- Spray a 6 inch spring pan with cooking spray, pour in batter.
- Bake in a pre heated oven @ 350° for about 25-30 minutes, insert toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Set on cooling rack to cool, undo latch and carefully remove cake onto a plate.
- After completely cooled frost with cream cheese frosting and garnish with walnuts. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Frosting (Easy)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
If it seems to stiff, beat in a couple of drops of milk until your desired consistency.