Easy Chicken and Rice using a rice cooker to cook the Yellow Rice…
Easy Chicken and Yellow Rice
- 8 ounce package of yellow rice mix
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons or butter
- 3 line add water (to the rice cooker water line 3)
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- green onions, for garnish, or mix in, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Tip: check yellow rice package ingredients, some of the brands use msg.
- Place yellow rice mix, white rice, butter, and water into rice cooker.
- Turn cycle on and let cook.
- In a skillet on medium add olive oil, add chicken, sprinkle paprika on chicken, saute/stir fry.
- Cook until done, no pink in middle of the chicken.
- Add thawed peas to the cooked chicken in the skillet. Turn heat down to low.
- Add rice into skillet with the chicken and peas, set chicken on top of rice, heat on low.
- Garnish with sliced green onions on top. Serve and Enjoy! Serves about 3 to 4.