Sweet Potato Rounds Roasted with Maple Syrup and Butter…
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes, peeled and washed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 – 3 tablespoons butter, cut in small cubes
- Chopped pecan or walnuts to garnish on top when serving
- Slice sweet potatoes about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place sweet potato slices in a medium bowl, pour in maple syrup.
- Toss and coat sweet potato slices with maple syrup.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay sweet potato slices in baking dish, single layer.
- Drizzle the maple syrup left in the bowl over sweet potatoes.
- Place the small cubes of butter on top of each sweet potato slice. Use more butter if needed.
- Cover baking dish with lid or foil.
- Bake in pre heated 375° oven for about 40 minutes, until tender.
- Take off lid and let cook/roast for about 5-10 minutes more.
- Garnish with pecan or walnuts. Serves about 4-6. Enjoy!
- Optional drizzle with extra maple syrup when serving.