A Favorite Omelet – Mushroom, Colby Jack Cheese, Green Onions…
Mushroom and Cheese Omelet
- 2 eggs beaten with a fork
- 3 or 4 fresh mushrooms sliced, (white or baby Portobello)
- colby jack cheese shredded, a few tablespoons
- Sliced green onion tops
- a pat of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 9 inch skillet add a pat of butter, turn heat on about medium.
- When butter is melted, add beaten eggs to the skillet, covering the bottom of skillet.
- Top the egg with mushrooms, cheese, some sliced green onions.
- Turn heat down to medium low, cook until eggs are a bit firm.
- Take a spatula and fold omelet in half, let cook a minute or so.
- With spatula flip omelet over to brown the other side, for another minute or so.
- Garnish with extra cheese, mushrooms, and green onion tops. Serve and enjoy!