Gluten Free – Maple Pear Cake with Maple Syrup Glaze…
Maple Pear Cake
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple or vanilla extract
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
*Make sure to choose gluten free ingredients to make it gluten free!
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together egg, light brown sugar, cooking oil, milk, and extract, beat with fork.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda, beat together with fork.
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch round or square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into baking pan, evenly set all the sliced pears on top of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° for about 30-35 minutes.
- Set on cooling rack and pour maple glaze (see recipe below) over top of cake while hot.
- Garnish with pecans or walnuts, optional.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a small skillet melt butter on medium heat add maple syrup and light brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly, boil for about one minute, remove from heat.
- Pour evenly over cake while hot.