Almond Cookies with Maraschino Cherry Frosting…
Cherry Almond Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free or regular flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring/extract
- 6 or more Maraschino cherries cut in half, patted dry
- Cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg and almond flavoring, mix together.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix together.
- Roll into (spoonful size) balls and place on cookie sheet, flatten with fingers.
- Bake in pre heated oven @ 350° for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- After completely cooled frost and place a half of Maraschino on top each cookie.
Mix together in a small bowl to spreading consistency
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Maraschino cherry juice
*Make sure to choose gluten free ingredients to make it gluten free!