Easy Chicken Cacciatore, over your choice of regular or gluten free Pasta. Cacciatore means “hunter”, a meal prepared hunter-style.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- 4-6 boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced in strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced in strips
- 1 small sliced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, optional
- 1 – 28 ounce can whole plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 ounces pasta, regular or gluten free, cooked to package directions.
*Make sure to choose gluten free ingredients to make it gluten free!
- In a large skillet on medium heat add the olive oil and chicken tenderloins.
- Saute a few minutes on each side until opaque/white.
- Add the can of Roma tomatoes, sliced onion, mushrooms, the red and green pepper slices.
- Stir in the basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic powder, paprika
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite shape of cooked pasta.
- Top with sliced black olives.
- Serves 3-4.