Easy Rice Cooker Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya…
Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya
- 1 rice cooker cup of rice, rinsed
- 1 & 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 12 large shrimp or more if using smaller shrimp
- 1 cup cubed cooked boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cayenne pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice, chicken broth, green peppers, celery, hot sauce, creole seasoning, olive oil, onion and garlic powder into rice cooker, and cayenne pepper flakes if you are adding.
- Stir in cubed cooked chicken.
- Turn the rice cooker cycle on, put on lid, let cook.
- Stir in the shrimp at almost the end of the cycle, it only takes a couple of minutes to cook the shrimp.
- Serve, makes about 2-3 dinner servings.
- Serve with extra hot sauce if you like.