Chicken Thighs oven baked and prepared with Paprika, Sour Cream Gravy and garnished with Crumbled Bacon…
Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons paprika, more or less
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 1 low sodium chicken gravy packet or 2 tablespoons corn starch to thicken pan drippings
- extra paprika sprinkled in pan drippings when making gravy
- 2 strips crumbled fully cooked bacon pieces
- Place chicken in an oven safe pan or dish, that has a lid.
- Add water to bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and Bake @ 350° for about 1 and 1/2 hours, time can vary depending on size of pieces.
- Baked until chicken is completely cooked. (165° inner meat thermometer temperature).
- Take chicken out of dish and set on a plate.
- There should be enough liquid in pan to make gravy, add a little water if needed.
- Turn burner on medium heat, set pan on burner and whisk in gravy packet Or cornstarch mixed with a little water into pan drippings to make gravy.
- Mix in a little more paprika into pan drippings.
- Whisk until thickened to gravy consistency.
- Add sour cream and whisk until completely blended into gravy.
- Serve gravy over each chicken piece or on the side in a gravy dish/bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon to top, optional.