Shrimp Fried Rice with plenty of vegetables…
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 12-18 large shrimp, cleaned, tails off, (sliced in half), save a few whole for garnish, optional
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup diced frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits, optional
- 2 green onions sliced, separate white and green
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil (or regular olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a large skillet, turn heat on medium high.
- When hot add cooked white rice and stir around skillet with a wooden spoon or paddle.
- Add sliced white onions, carrots and peas, green beans let cook for a few minutes, keep stirring.
- Push aside rice mixture to one side of skillet, add butter in skillet, allow to melt.
- Crack eggs in skillet on cleared side, break yolks and scrambled until cooked hard, mix in with rice.
- Add and stir in cut up shrimp pieces, and whole shrimp keep mixing everything with wooden spoon. Cook until shrimp turn pink all the way through.
- Sprinkle and mix in soy sauce and green onions.
- Fry for a couple more minutes to incorporate the soy sauce and all the flavors into the fried rice.
- Turn off heat and serve. Place a couple of the whole shrimp on each serving for garnish.
- Serves about 2-3.