Chicken Taco Rice Skillet Meal
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, about 15 ounces
- 1 – 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a pinch or two red cayenne pepper flakes, optional
- 8 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream for top when serving
- tortilla chips, your favorite, when you serve
- In a large skillet with a lid add olive oil and cubed chicken, on medium heat.
- Cook chicken until it turns opaque/white.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chicken broth, and all the seasonings.
- Let cook for at least 10 minutes, so all the flavors can merge together.
- Completely stir in rice, top with most of the shredded cheese.
- Turn off heat, place lid on skillet and let cheese melt.
- Serve with extra shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortillas.
*I use no salt added or low sodium ingredients when available.