Brussel Sprouts Bacon and Rice Casserole
- 1 – 12 ounce bag brussel sprouts, steamed, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices completely cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a skillet, turn heat on medium high, add brussel sprouts saute for a few minutes. Turn heat down to low medium.
- Add butter, when butter is melted sprinkle flour over brussel sprouts, stir to coat.
- Slowly add milk to brussel sprouts, stir until milk thickens.
- Stir in about half of the bacon crumbles and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray round baking dish add rice evenly to bottom of dish.
- Pour creamed brussel sprouts mixture over rice, sprinkle top with shredded cheese and the remaining bacon crumbles.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serves about 4 as a side dish.