Cranberry Chicken over Butter and Parsley Egg Noodles…
Cranberry Chicken over Egg Noodles
Ingredients for Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast (if chicken breast are big and thick, cut in half lengthwise to make thinner)
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce, about 15 ounces
- Few tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- green onion tops for garnish, optional
Directions for Egg Noodles
- 6 ounce cooked egg noodles, cooked to package directions
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions for Chicken
- Mix together the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper on a plate.
- Coat chicken on both sides by dragging in the flour mixture.
- Put the olive oil into a skillet (with a lid, to use later), turn heat on medium heat.
- Add chicken and saute about 3 minutes on each side, add more olive oil if needed.
- Take out chicken and set aside,
- Put half of the cranberry sauce in skillet and spread out, just enough to set chicken on to.
- Place chicken back in skillet on top of cranberry sauce.
- Spread the remainder of cranberry sauce on top of the chicken.
- Place lid on skillet, turn heat down to low and cook for about 15 more minutes, or until chicken is completely cook through. Use a meat thermometer if needed.
- Serve chicken and cranberry gravy over butter and parsley egg noodles.