Made in a Rice Cooker – Easy Chicken Perlo or Chicken and Rice or Chicken Bog. No matter what you call it, it’s good!
Easy Chicken Perlo
- 2 cups cooked shredded boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced smoked sausage
- 2 cups long grain rice, rinsed (use the rice cooker measure cup to measure rice)
- 12 ounces chicken stock or broth (enough liquid to fill to a little over the “2” line on the rice cooker)
- 3 green onions sliced, separate the white and green
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the rinsed rice, then add the stock or broth into rice cooker and stop at a little over the 2 line on rice cooker.
- Stir in shredded chicken, sliced sausage, peas, and the white parts of the sliced onions.
- Stir in olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn on the cycle on the rice cooker.
- After rice cooker shuts off, stir to blend all ingredients.
- Serve with sliced green onions on top and your favorite hot sauce, if you like.
Tip: I almost always cook extra chicken when I am cooking with the slow cooker. Usually, I make enough chicken for two different chicken dishes. Of course this does depend on the spices you add to cook with the chicken. Choose two recipes that will work with those spices, and the different ingredients you add to each recipe.