Tuna Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo made with Gluten Free Pasta…
Tuna Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
- 6 ounces fettuccine pasta, regular or gluten free, cooked to package directions
- 1 – 5 ounce can tuna fish in water, drained
- 1 – 12 ounce bag broccoli, steamed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green onion tops for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan on low/simmer melt butter and add garlic powder.
- Add cream or milk cook for a few minutes keep stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in half of each cheese, stir to mix in, now add the rest of the cheeses, stir constantly with whisk.
- Whisk until cheeses are melted and smooth, don’t let it boil, it will curd and separate.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in half of the tuna fish (save the bigger filet pieces for top when serving).
- Serve hot over cooked warm pasta and broccoli, top with the rest of the tuna fish on top each plate/bowl when serving.
- Makes about 3 servings.
- TIP: If milk is used sauce might be a little thin, toss warmed pasta in heated sauce first, this should thicken it up and then add zucchini on top. OR add a couple tablespoons of cream cheese to thicken.