Soup with mostly Root Vegetables – Potato Carrot Rutabaga
Potato Carrot and Rutabaga Soup
- 3 small potatoes cubed
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups cubed rutabaga
- 1 – 15 ounce can vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 – 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 small yellow squash sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Add everything to slow cooker, turn on high, cook for about 4 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
Serve with crackers or your favorite sandwich.