Chili Lime Chicken Black Beans and Rice – The chicken was made in the Slow Cooker and The Black Beans and Rice was cooked in Rice Cooker
Chili Lime Chicken – Slow Cooker
- 4 bone in chicken thighs
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut in half, optional, to put in bottom of slow cooker to set chicken on.
- 1/2 cup water
- chili lime seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime juice when ready to serve, optional
Set carrots on bottom of slow cooker.
Pour in water over carrots.
Set chicken thighs on top of carrots, single layer.
Sprinkle chicken with chili lime season.
Cook on high for about 4 hours.
Serve with Chili Lime Black Beans and Rice, below.
And serve with fresh squeezed or bottled lime juice on top, optional.
Chili Lime Black Beans and Rice – Rice Cooker
- 1/2 cup white rice, I used parboiled rice
- 1/2 cup yellow rice mix from canister or a small 5 ounce package
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili lime seasoning
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in rice cooker, stir.
Turn on rice cooker cycle let cook.
Check and stir a couple of times during cycle to make sure bottom isn’t sticking.