Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup – with Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Tomatoes, green beans in the Slow Cooker.
Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 1 quart chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 cup boneless chicken cut up, or more if you like
- 1 can diced tomatoes, about 15 ounces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic from jar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small yellow squash, cubed
- 6 ounces, about half bag, frozen skinny green beans or regular green beans, or Italian green beans, your choice
- about 4 ounces cooked pasta, (elbows, shells, orzo, or bow ties, your choice ), add to bowl when serving, optional
- grated parmesan cheese to add on top when serving, optional
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Add chicken broth, chicken, tomatoes, carrots, olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parsley to slow cooker.
Turn slow cooker on high, cook for about 2 hours.
Now add the cubed zucchini, yellow squash, and green beans cook for about 1&1/2 more hours, or until zucchini and yellow squash is cooked but not mushy.
Turn off slow cooker.
Serve over about a handful of cooked pasta in your bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese.