Easy Slow Cooker Cabbage and Barley Soup
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup pearled barley
- 32 ounces broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable – your choice)
- 2 regular size carrots sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions including tops chopped, for garnish on top when ready to serve, optional
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, except green onions, turn on high for about 4 hours.
Tip: you can add other vegetables if you like, maybe any bits or pieces laying in your refrigerator that need to be used, before they spoil.
Serve with chopped green onions on top and your favorite crackers, bread or sandwich for lunch or as part of your dinner menu.