Slow Cooker – Creamy Potato and Kale Soup
- 4 medium sized potatoes, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped, or 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups broth, chicken, vegetable, or beef (whatever you like or have on hand)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, turn on high, cook for about 3 hours.
When vegetables are tender mash with a potato masher, cook for about another hour.
Tip: If you prefer a thicker soup add some instant potato flakes a little at a time until your desired thickness. Or thicken with some cornstarch if you don’t have instant potato flakes.
Top with your choice of; a little shredded cheese, sliced green onions, bacon pieces, paprika, parsley, or all if you like! Serve and enjoy.