Mexican Style Beef Casserole with Black Beans and Rice
- 1/2 pound beef diced or ground beef, browned
- 1 can black beans, about 15 ounce, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, about 15 ounce
- 1 can tomato sauce, 8 ounce
- 1/4 cup chopped onions, optional
- 1 taco season package
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, (I had white cheddar)
- Corn chips or corn tortilla chips crushed for bottom ( I used leftover cornbread )
Add to skillet on medium heat browned meat, the onions if your using, black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Stir and cook about 15 minutes.
Add the cooked rice , stir to completely mix.
Spray baking dish with cooking spray, crumble corn chips or corn tortilla chips into bottom of baking dish.
Pour meat mixture on top of crumbled corn tortilla chips.
Top with the shredded cheese, cover with foil.
Bake in oven @ 350° for about 30 minutes.