Potato Crusted Spinach and Egg Pie, Quiche, or Casserole
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounce spinach fresh sauted or frozen thawed, make sure to squeeze out liquid.
- 1 cup shredded cheese, your favorite, I used gouda
- 4 eggs beaten with fork
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
In skillet add olive oil and sliced potatoes, fry potatoes until tender and golden brown.
Place potatoes in a round baking dish or pie pan, spread evenly on bottom.
Next spread spinach evenly on top of potatoes
Then add cheese on top of spinach.
In bowl with eggs add cream and parmesan cheese, mix until blended, pour over top of the cheese in dish.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Bake in Preheated oven @ 375° for about 40 minutes, depending on your oven. Don’t burn the top! Top should be golden brown.
I served with a little sour cream and green onions or chives on top, sounded good to me, tasted good too. Blended well because of the potatoes.