Easy Cajun Rice made in a Rice Cooker.
Easy Rice Cooker Cajun Rice
- 1 rice cooker cup of Rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, more or less to your taste
- Pinch of cayenne red pepper flakes, to your taste
- Pinch of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked meat, chicken, pork, ground beef, chicken gizzards, ham, etc… your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped green, red, yellow peppers, whatever you might have on hand
- Salt and pepper to taste
In rice cooker pot, add rinsed rice, and add water to the “1” line on pot.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients and turn on rice cooker to regular cycle.
(My small 6 cup rice cooker only has one cycle, you just push the button, that’s it and after cycle it switches to warmer. I am not familiar with other rice cookers.)