Baking home made bread with a bread machine. This is my first whole white wheat loaf. It actually tasted as good as it looked! I cannot lie they all don’t look as pretty as this one, some look flat on top and some don’t rise as much as they should. I can blame some of my failures on the humidity, living in Florida, it depends on what month it is, Ha!
Put all of the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Program for basic white bread (or for whole wheat bread, if your machine has a whole wheat setting), and press Start.
- 1 1/4 cups (283g) lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons (25g) olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey or 1/4 cup (78g) maple syrup
- 3 1/2 cups (397g) King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast